Dance in a Day: 28 March (Stellenbosch)
Recover from MCH in Stellies!
Hot on the heels of Mother City Hop, we are serving up a special edition Dance in a Day workshop in Stellenbosch with guest instructor Yana Sanamyantz from Moscow! This two-part workshop will be the perfect way to:
- Learn some swing essentials for the brand newbies out there
- Keep your swing momentum going after the big festival
- Soothe your FOMO if you missed MCH
- And also… to chill out with your swingout.
You DON’T need to attend the MCH festival to enjoy the workshop. Yana’s classes will both supplement learnings for those who are attending, and give a tiny taste of the festival to everyone else. Part 1 is designed for brand new beginners, Part 2 is for more experienced dancers, and you are welcome to attend one or both parts. To do all this, we are offering this DIAD workshop with a special price and a special theme…
March Dance Theme: Recovery time! We will take time to practice, process, and play with the ideas we learned at Mother City Hop. We will start with some beginner-friendly essentials in Part 1 (R100, usually R120). Then in Part 2, we have fun with some of our favourite festival highlights (R200, usually R300).
PART 1: Beginner Essentials (13h00-14h00)
Yana will take you through some basic swing steps, in her signature style, to get you moving, shaking, and connecting with the music (R100).
PART 2: (14h15-16h15)
We ditch the typical ‘bootcamp’ approach to Part 2 and instead expand on a few highlights from the festival in a relaxed, fun class (R200).
– Bring flats, sneakers or other soft shoes — NO high heels or sharp shoes
– Bring water and snacks (we will have breaks)
– Bookings are essential! We need a minimum of 10 bookings to hold the workshop (we will notify you the night before in the event that the workshop is postponed).
– There are showers available in the Yoga studio if you want to wash up before the dance later in the evening
For further enquiries, contact the workshop instructor Sarah Boyd at firstname.lastname@example.org.