Learn the Big Apple: 15 Feb
The Big Apple is one of THE classic solo routines. Check out the clip below of Whitey’s Lindy Hoppers performing it in 1939. It’s high energy, fast, and AWESOME so be ready for a challenge. We’ll be learning it on Saturday 15 February, in two parts*: in Part 1 of the workshop, we’ll learn a simplified, “bare bones” version of the routine. In Part 2 of the workshop, we’ll learn the “flourishes” that make it real fun! Get this in your back pocket to pull it out at one of the Mother City Hop parties in March!
* This method of learning the Big Apple is inspired by Meghan Gilmore of Cats Corner (Montreal).
When: Saturday 15 February, 1-4:30pm
Where: Church hall, c/o Kloof St & Eaton Rd (next to Arnold’s)
1-2:30pm: Part 1
3-4:30pm: Part 2
– Book by Wed 12 Feb: R280 (full workshop)
– Book after Wed 12 Feb: R320 (full workshop)
– Part 1 OR Part 2 (single): R160
A few key notes:
– Bring water and snacks (we will have breaks)
– Bookings are essential! We need a minimum of 10 bookings to hold the workshop (we will notify you the night before in the event that the workshop is postponed).
For further enquiries, contact the workshop instructor Muriel Argent at email@example.com.